At Dillon Family Dentistry we are accustomed to questions like “How much does my insurance cover?” and “What can I expect after a crown is placed?” But we get some real doozies as well!
The Chicago Dental Society once surveyed more than 300 members to find out the strangest dental requests they’d ever received from patients. Below, you can find the top ten things that have been said to our fellow dentists:
10) “Can you extract my tooth without anesthesia?” (Ask me for the joke version of this when you come in)
9) “Please wire my mouth shut to aid in my diet.”
8) “Can you ID this set of dentures left in the bathroom of the bar I work at?”
7) “I will pay you or your hygienist to floss my teeth at my office every day.”
6) “If I have a tooth growing out of my back, should I see a dentist or a chiropractor?”
5) “I just broke off my engagement. Can you cement the diamond into my tooth so that I can keep it?”
4) “Will you give me local anesthesia in my lips? I’m going in for permanent lipstick tattoos and would like to avoid the pain.”
3) “May I have an emergency cleaning visit? It’s my high school reunion and I need a bright, white smile to face my old boyfriend.”
2) “Can I keep the teeth you pull out of my mouth? I’d like to make a necklace out of them.”
And the number one strangest dental request ever received…
1) “Can you give my dog braces?”
At Dillon Family Dentistry, we may not offer services like braces for your dog, but we do love to help with human teeth. We also encourage you to ask questions – even silly ones – about the health of your teeth, mouth, and gums! Call us at 610-525-5497 with any questions, concerns, or to make an appointment.
We look forward to hearing from you!